Thursday 8 March 2012

Twitter and The Lana Del Rey Sandwich.



This is Lana Del Rey.

Internet sensation, American singer songwriter born 1986.
(Actually her name is Elizabeth Grant but then who'd ever have bought a Reg Dwight album).


So I got this message on Facebook following my blog, from a lady in Gorey in Wexford. 

That's small town Ireland, hardly LA, and although I say that with affection, what I mean is that it makes it more amazing.

Anyway, here is the Facebook post I got:
  
Hi - have been reading your 'world just changed' piece. It's interesting what you say about Twitter. Steve (my partner) was browsing the other day and saw a tweet about Lana Del Rey and her sister. He replied something along the lines 'wouldn't that make an interesting sandwich'. Over the following 2 weeks, this took on a life of it's own and now the 'Lana Del Rey' sandwich is being rolled out in restaurants in the States and Canada. Food for thought! Literally. Look it up. @TimothyHollywoodKhan or Clafouti Toronto.

So a bloke in Wexford tweeted that a Lana Del Rey would make a great name for a sandwich and what might be in it. Others suggested stuff too.


So I searched it to verify it.  And he did. 

Like I searched here  http://mynameiskhan.ca/tag/lana-del-rey-sandwich/  

and here.....



And everywhere and it is....everywhere.
Yep that's exactly what happened.


A chain of restaurants and Lana Del Rey picked up the idea and have rolled out The Lana Del Rey sandwich in Canada, LA and now, the States.

Steve in little old Wexford tweeted - and The Lana Del Rey sandwich was born in the US of A.

And that my friends, is clear.

Twitter becomes a Sandwich via Facebook to my Blog to you.

That's the power of Twitter.
That's the power of Social Media, Social Revolution.

Do not let them tell you otherwise.


LANA DEL REY SANDWICH


Chili Adobe crusted pork loin
Garlic lemon aioli
panella cheese
crispy onions
Vidal syrup
cilantro
Egg bun

No comments:

Post a Comment